Do you need a sworn translation of a Criminal Record Certificate?
The Sworn Translation of a Criminal Records Certificate is needed when said certificate is written in a language different to the official language of the country in which it has been asked for. There are also various procedures that require a Sworn Translation of a Criminal Record Certificate.
Official Sworn Translation
A Sworn Official Translation is a special translation that can only be carried out by a Sworn Translator authorised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MAE), who will seal the translation making it 100% valid in all of Spain.
Criminal Record Certificate
A Criminal Record Certificate is an official document that certifies that the holder has not been convicted of any crimes. This document is required to carry out various official procedures, such as an application for nationality, jobs…
In Spain the Ministry of Justice and the different Civil Registries of Spain are in charge of issuing this document. If you need this document to carry out some sort of procedure abroad, remember to ask for it to be legalised or come with the Apostille of The Hague (depending on the country).
Do I need a Sworn Translation of my Criminal Record Certificate?
A Sworn Translation is required to carry out any official procedure in Spain (nationality request, work, studies). Equally, if the Criminal Record Certificate has been issued in Spain and you need to present it in a non-Spanish speaking country, a sworn translation will be needed.
Minimum prices for a sworn translation of a document:
- English minimum per document: €30
- French minimum per document: €35
- German minimum per document: €45
- Italian minimum per document: €50
- Portuguese minimum per document: €50
- Russian minimum per document: €50
- Ukrainian minimum per document: €65
- Arabic minimum per document: €65
- Chinese minimum per document: €60
- Japanese minimum per document: €65
- Swedish minimum per document: €65
- Norwegian minimum per document: €65
- Bulgarian minimum per document: €65
- Hebrew minimum per document: €65
- Dutch minimum per document: €45
- Polish minimum per document: €55
- Romanian minimum per document: €65
If you can’t find your language, please contact us.
A Translation Agency such as CBLingua meets all the requirements needed to offer a comprehensive service of the highest quality to our clients. This is thanks to our strong team of Sworn Translators in all languages and a team of interpreters specialised in simultaneous, consecutive and conference interpretation services.